Valentine’s Day so happens to be OH and Mine’s anniversary… cheesy right? Well this year we
aren’t doing anything special are eating my homemade mini heart shaped chicken pot pies (I am posting the recipe on Monday so stay tuned!) with roasted mini potatoes for dinner, and watching The Walking Dead. How romantic is that? That is heaven to me!
Today though I am going to post a quick, non-dairy Chai latte. This has been a great alternative to hold OH over for the month of frugality and not spend much on Tim Horton’s or Starbucks. In fact, OH loves this drink!
So all you need for this quick drink is the following;
- 1 C almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 Chai teabag
- 1/3 C water
- Place teabag and water in microwaveable mug
- Put mug in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on high
- Remove mug from microwave
- Place another mug of almond milk into microwave for 3 minutes on high
- Remove the almond milk from the microwave. Be careful, it’s hot!
- If you have a hand immersion blender or similar, use that baby to froth up the steaming hot almond milk. If you do not have this item, don’t worry, skip this step!
- Remove the teabag from the first mug (make sure you squeeze every drop out of it)
- Add the first mug’s contents (the tea) into the mug with frothy almond milk, add honey and stir quickly.