Before I start, I was so proud of LO for finally getting on the ice. Even if it only lasted 15 minutes, she got on the ice and did a couple of “drills”.
Last year was my first attempt at Frugal February. I enjoyed purging my closets, making room in my budget and the challenge of buying groceries and other needs with so little money. This year I am making the challenge more difficult.
These are my goals for Frugal February;
- Reassess the budget – mid-December OH and I tend to fall off the budget bandwagon.
- Follow Gail Vaz-Oxelade’s budget – honestly, she’s a great guideline to being debt-free … here come the budget jars.
- Only use $110.00 for food (including daily Timmies coffee) this month – That is for 3 of us!
- Purge our closets – Mostly LO’s too-small clothing.
- Make some extra money – I have some ideas, you’ll see!
- Go to at least one free activity – This will most likely be the Museum.
- Use coupons again – OH tends to go grocery shopping and spend money because the box looks cool ($6 Star Wars Shreddies anyone?).
- More family walks! – I used to go on long walks with OH and LO – It’s free!
- Bagged lunches – We’ve been slacking in this area.
- Stop spoiling LO – She wants, OH buys
- Reduce our output of waste – that is my problem, I always forget my reuseable bags.
- Lastly, start saving for trip to Newfoundland in July!
So that’s my plan while still getting in shape for climbing the CN Tower stairs (support me and the WWF here!) and also while still providing presents for birthdays! Stay tuned for my frugal adventures!