crayons!

Easter is coming up and I made my little nephews some cool things to colour with. At first I was skeptical that they would come out ok but they did and now I have these cool little bunny crayons to give as a cute gift to the boys.

So I had to use gently used crayons, but if you have a bunch of broken and well used ones, this is when they come in handy. You also need a silicone mold. I found a bunny head.

ingredients

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Peel all the paper away from the crayons.

crayons

Take a knife and cut the crayons up into smaller sections.

cut up

Add them to the silicone mold.

mold

Place in the oven for 30 minutes. The pieces with melt all together.

meltedinmold

Let cool for an hour and pop them out. Add them to a piece of card stock with a witty (or in my case corny – I’m punny) phrase and your gifts are complete!

I hope every bunny has a good one!
I hope every bunny has a good one!
Advertisements

6 Comments Add yours

1. Lil' Miss & Lil' Sis says:

Reblogged this on Lil' Miss & Lil' Sis and commented:
    Something special to make from not so special old yucky broken crayons!

2. Idle Emma says:

I like this idea! Something to do with the crayons I have lying around the house πŸ™‚

1. erires says:

The next ones I do are going to be little lego men. I found molds on Amazon!

1. Idle Emma says:

That sounds like something I definitely need in my life!

3. brightskymom says:

This is an adorable idea! I’m glad to know they popped out okay.
    ~Lee

1. erires says:

The second batch I did after this post, I popped in the freezer for 10 minutes and they came out even easier! πŸ™‚